Thursday, April 24, 2008

Be On The Offensive To Credit Cards

Stopped by a cool blog called Debt Free Hispanic, left a comment and thought I'd share it

@-Debt Free, just recently became debt free as well and I can't stand it whenever I call Citibank for something; they are always pitching this $10,000 dollar personal loan to me, it always gets me pissed off. So to get back at them I use there credit cards for all the purchases I would have made anyway and rack up on their cash back. I've already made over $100 from my Chase Freedom and I love getting 5% off my gas from Discover. If you can resist the temptation to use those cards for un-needed purchases then take advantage of the credit agencies by playing them at their own game.

I especially like the gas incentive. If your getting 5% back, that's like paying $3.57 for gasoline that costs $3.75 per gallon. If one gas station was selling gas for $3.57 and another for $3.75 across the street, deciding which gas station to patronize would be an easy decision. Just be sure to pay that card off asap; if you can, pay the card the next time your online even though the CC company hasn't asked for it yet.

BTW - the link to the gas card I'm talking about

2 comments:

hybrid said...

The incentive you get every time you use your credit card is a plus factor of having one. you can have a chance on the next time you use one you dont have to pay it, may the credit card be a gas card or just a regular credit card you can use it on any gas establishment

jaushwa said...

@ hybrid, use those cards for the incentives and take their free cash,
thanks for stopping by.