Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Highest Low Yield Investing

Just opened an e-trade savings account yesterday, definitely the highest savings account interest I've seen. Right now at 5.05%, although in the future I expect it to drop due to the fed cut of .75%. Hopefully though e-trade will continue to pay the highest and stay over other online banks like ING. I will continue to feed this account with a large portion of my bi-monthly paycheck until it reaches a level I feel comfortable enough to start playing with covered calls.

On a side note, I'm not sure what the fee is involved in writing covered calls but I continually see ad banners on sites like yahoo finance for a site called TradeKing. Might have to check them out; they claim their fee per contract is 65 cents, although I'm not sure what TDAmeritrades is.

No comments: