Monday, January 14, 2008

How I Pick Stocks

I've recently began exploring how to pick stocks utilizing intelligence and intuition using both technical and fundamental analysis with an emphasis on fundamental analysis. (allow me to state, I prefer not to allow outside opinions to dictate what stocks to invest in, i.e. Jim Cramer's Mad Money. Although if it happens, it happens)

I begin by visiting yahoo.com and following the side navigation bar to finance and selecting the index that I'm most familiar with. From the following page, I select components from the left navigation bar.

On the following page are a list of all the stocks in that particular index. At this time in my investment education I have not found a better way to investigate stocks to invest in but to scroll down the list and select component names I recognize and strike me as a company I find to have quality products, effective marketing and room for growth. I look back to my experiences with those products, if I had patronized the company before, what my experience was like with that purchase and if I planned to patronize that company again.

No comments: