Thursday, February 7, 2008

Investing In Yourself

The first place anyone should begin their investing career is in themselves. This phrase may sound cliche but the rewards are often more concrete.

Ways to invest:

Going back to school

Beginning your undergrad, graduate or even professional degree pays dividends for decades after achieving that success, and once achieved, it is impossible for this investment to be lost. I would also like to state that the rewards of a higher degree are not always monetary, benefits can come in unexpected forms, like respect.

ABL

An acronym for "Always Be Learning." The learning process in your life never ends, so you might as well learn to enjoy the learning experience. Learning anything will improve you and is always a great investment since there is so much to learn and so much of it is free. (Internet, library etc.)

Get Out of Your Shell

"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
-Benjamin Disraeli, former British Prime Minister

"Named must your fear be before banish it you can."
-Yoda, from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

I had another quote I really wanted to post which basically stated; one's success can usually be measured by your willingness to step out of your comfort level. I wholeheartedly believe this and are constantly challenging myself to step out in certain situations . I identify these situations simply by identifying discomfort and pushing myself into the situation and using it to not only confront the fear, but also to familiarize myself, so next time I won't hesitate.

No comments: