Thursday, March 13, 2008

Paper Trading

For the past few months I've been attempting to track my performance picking stocks through Yahoo's online portfolio account. The online account is basic at best and leaves much to be desired. Recently I stumbled across optionsXpress online paper trading system which I find to be far superior and provides great practice for a rookie like me. Their web site also provides a plethora of investment training material for those seeking trading enlightenment as well as stocks and options trading services. I haven't used any of their pay services yet and may, depending on their broker fees.
Right now I'm practicing selling covered calls and basically just trying to get my feet wet trading options since I never have. Probably won't put in any real money until I fully understand what it is I'm doing.
If anyone had any advice please leave a comment!

No comments: